Russian fashion suddenly became worldwide attractive thanks to some young, ambitious designers. There is a saying “Good look opens the doors” which perfectly illustrates what fashionable clothes mean to Russian people, especially women. The hottest trend from Russia is a post-Soviet aesthetic, a new wave coming from the former USSR.
1. The number 1 designer is Gosha Rubchinskiy whose key aesthetic lies in the intelligent tailored sportswear. Today he is considered as a major player on the streetwear scene. Gosha’s works look back to ’90s, when Russia was in the midst of economic upheaval. Gosha resurrects in his collections the tracksuits and baggy sweaters of that time. Rubchinskiy's collections sell out almost as soon as they hit the shelves.
2. Valentin Yudashkin is a prominent Russian designer with the membership to the Syndicate of High Fashion in Paris. His Faberge collection inspired by the famous Faberge eggs put him on the international fashion scene in 1991. Yudashkin’s theatrical designs are exhibited at Moscow’s State Historical Museum.
3. At the age of 24, Kira Plastinina is already a recognized designer in the international fashion world. Kira describes her style as “art-glamour-sportive-casual”, designing mostly everyday clothes for young ladies of 15-25 years old. Kira Plastinina is the youngest member of the Russian Association of Haute Couture. Plastinina's boutiques are open across Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus and USA.
4. Alexander Terekhov gained fashion experiene at Yves Saint Laurent house in the couture capital Paris. Terekhov created a number of stunning dresses inspired by the film “The Wizard of Oz” with the partnership of Walt Disney. His brand, defined by a sensual femininity and exquisite tailoring has grown exponentially last years.
5. Vika Gazinskaya‘s designs are known by their individuality, futuristic style, strong lines and graphic forms. Her dresses grace the pages of well-known magazines, such as Harper’s Bazaar and Vogue.
To explore Russian vibrant fashion, visit our special section with the selected assortment of boho dresses.
RusClothing.com is designed to be the best place to find most authentic collection of Russian clothing. Russian dresses, Ukrainian shirts, kokoshnik, kosovorotka, valenki and much much more! And not to forget famous Russian wool shawls. We want Russian clothing to be the combination of traditional folk art and today Russian fashion.
All our Russian clothing is handmade and can be customized to any needs. Made in Russia, shipped worldwide.